Weird problem with Time Capsule internet connection

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mohsenmm, Nov 10, 2010.

1. mohsenmm macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I recently got a new time capsule but I have difficulties setting up the internet connection. The time capsule is connected to our WAN using a cable in my office. The computers in our organization are authenticated using their MAC address. So, I have to add the MAC address of the time capsule to make it connected to the internet. I want to connect the TC to our WAN using a cable, then I want to connect my MacBook using a wireless connection to the TC.

When I config the TC using the NAT mode (Share a public IP address), I can use the internet but I get a double NAT error and TC's LED is yellow.

When I config the TC using the Bridge Mode, the led goes green. Anyway, if I connect my MacBook using wireless I cannot reach the internet. I get no error in this case so I don't know what is happening inside the TC. Interestingly, if I connect the MacBook to the TC using an ethernet cable, it works perfectly!

I have added all the MAC addresses of the wired and wireless interfaces to the list of my computers, but still the same problem is there.

Thanks

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

You say you added the MAC address of your Time Capsule, but have you added its AirPort IDs? (There are two if it's the simultaneous dual-band version.) You can find them in AirPort Utility if you enter Manual Setup on the first page. Also, I'm assuming you've already added your MacBook's AirPort ID to the list, correct?

3. mohsenmm thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Yes, I've added all of the MAC addresses, including the MacBook's wireless ID and both of the TC wireless IDs plus the ethernet IDs. I am pretty sure that the problem is not with the MAC addresses, since it works perfectly in the NAT mode and even in the bridge mode when using a cable connection.
    I also increased the syslogs level to "7-Debug" but there is nothing indicating an error or something.