Weird Problem with Transmit?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crazycordy, Apr 15, 2012.

  1. crazycordy, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012

    crazycordy macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2012
    #1
    I'm not sure if this is actually a problem caused by Transmit, or something else, but I honestly have no idea anymore. I've been using Transmit for about a month, and everything has been working perfectly. Well, over the last week or so I've been trying to edit my websites' CSS coding, when I save it and load the pages in my browser, the changes don't show up.

    I've tried clearing my cache, restarting my computer, checking for software updates and even having friends load the pages on their computers, and the changes aren't taking effect. I open the files in Transmit and TextWrangler (my secondary code editor) and both say the files are edited and saved, but they are not showing up on my site! :(

    Any advice?
     
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #2
    How are you uploading it? Try removing the old file and replacing it with the new one (instead of just overwriting the old one). Also are you sure you're putting the CSS file in the correct location?
     
  3. crazycordy, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

    crazycordy thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2012
    #3
    Yes, it's in the right location. I've tried deleting the old file, NOT uploading the new one and my site still loads the old one, even though it isn't there :confused:

    I usually don't overwrite my files, I've been opening them in Transmit, editing, and just saving. This problem hasn't come up until this last week.

    Another thing, it's ONLY my stylesheet that is doing this. When I edit any other file, the changes show up in my browser, but not my changes to stylesheet :(
     
  4. EmpyreanUK macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2011
    #4
    This is a really strange sounding problem, but based on what you've told us, the only plausible explanation I can think of is that it's a problem with your web host, in that a cached (and out of date) copy of the CSS file is being served when clients connect. That's the only possible way that I can think of personally to explain the fact that other users, using different browsers on different computers, are experiencing the same problem.

    If I were you, I'd try contacting the web host and explain the problem to them —*perhaps they are able to flush whatever caching system they use to serve up files.
     

Share This Page