Weird Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 1984world, Mar 23, 2012.

1. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

Hey all, I was using the jailbreak app aptbackup and my phone froze. When I restarted, all my jailbreaks and jailbreak apps were there, all my stock apps were there, but EVERYTHING else was missing. All my app store apps are gone. Don't show up under Spotlight either. In itunes, my device shows that all the "other" space that used to be apps is still full (yellow), but even when i try and sync the space, it doesn't empty or fill up with apps.

Any suggestions?

2. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

I've not used atpbackup myself, I've only used PKGBackup (which works very well indeed for future reference), but it sounds like something has definitely gone really quite wrong. One question, when you find an app on the app store on your phone that you previously had installed, does it still say that it's installed?

If not, you could try installing again and see what happens.

Past that, your best bet is probably just to restore your phone unfortunately, provided you've already tried a hard reset.

3. 1984world thread starter macrumors 6502

1984world

Yeah, i tried everything and then had to restore. I do like the camera swoosh upwards thing so that is cool in 5.1 but i miss my jailbreak already. I just don't understand why apple doesn't incorporate all these tweaks and make them stock. they would be unstoppable as a company.

4. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

Agreed, within reason. Not everybody wants all of the tweaks, but obviously some people do! I want to upgrade to 5.1, and I'm tempted to, but I'm currently still on 5.0.1 due to not wanting to lose my jailbreak tweaks. Hopefully iOS 6 will add/fix the things that quite a few people would love to see on the iPhone.

5. Spikestrip macrumors member

Spikestrip

Your iPhone had problems while jailbroken. You are not alone. Ripping into the file system against the developers wishes has consequences. Installing a bunch of tweaks also has consequences. If Apple made all of this stock, the iPhone would be slow and bloated and unreliable.