Weird problems in 10.6.4 - Disappearing network shares and Adobe Acrobat crashes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Arkitech, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Arkitech macrumors newbie

I was working on a clients machine yesterday and he has OS X 10.6.4. For some odd reason the network shares just randomly disappear, also Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 (and Reader) crash whenever I attempted to open them.

Anyone seen similar problems in recent versions of OS X?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Do you always ask questions about systems that you are unfamiliar with while giving virtually no information about its setup?

3. lkirkup macrumors newbie

lkirkup

I had an issue with Acrobat Pro 9 crashing on startup but the fault was very specific.
    It worked fine until I bound my iMac to the Windows Active Directory and logged in with my network credentials.
    At this point the Home folder is moved to the Windows server.
    Acrobat crashed every time I tried to open it. But all other apps in CS4 worked fine.
    To make a long story short, to stop Acrobat crashing I needed to change the account type to "Mobile" which stores the Home folder locally and sync's with the server on startup and shutdown.
    Once this change was made and sync'ed Acrobat has worked without crashing.
    Something about Acrobat doesn't like having the Library files on a Windows server share.

Not sure if this is your problem, but I thought I would share.