Weird process running - AIR/ELS/com.ebay.sandimas.public

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lambo13, Sep 5, 2011.

1. lambo13 macrumors newbie

All -

New to the OS X world, but plenty of computer literacy on the PC side.

This one has me stumped though. In the console I have an event happening that says:

WebProcess(247) deny file-read-data /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/com.ebay.sandimas.public-beta.AA1EEF5552BF52051F68E7EAF27E23FA6449A65C.1/PrivateEncryptedDatak

It happens thousands of times a day. In my /library/applicationsupport/adobe folder I do not have anything related to AIR, so I'm confused what could be running, and why it is trying to access something there that looks to be related to an eBay AIR app?

Any ideas?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you install adobe air, because that's part of it

3. lambo13 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a long time ago, but uninstalled over a year ago.

I searched for anything related to adobe air and found nothing on the machine, so not sure what is going on.

But this event happens thousands of times. For example, from 5:47 pm to 5:53pm, six seconds, it ran over 1700 times.

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I looked in my console logs just to see if there was anything remotely similar. No there wasn't. I have a lot of little snitch entries but nothing happening over a thousand times in 10 minutes. Do you have a browser window open during this time? Do you have a flashblocker installed? Adobe and Apple are in a bit of a huff at one another right now and whenever I allow flash of any kind to run my fans start revving up. I don't know if it's sloppy code on Adobe's part or hidden API's on Apple's part but I do know if I let Chrom or Firefox or Safari run without adblock and flashblock addons installed and enabled I'm listening to what sounds like a jet on the tarmac.

I suggest you install flashblock and adblock in whatever browser you are using and see if these messages stop altogether. This sort of thing might be easily explained by leaving a few dozen tabs open each of which has flash. Perhaps there is an ebay tab open and an item you are watching has some flash based slideshow that keeps running even on a hidden tab.

5. lambo13 thread starter macrumors newbie

r0k -

I do have ad blocker installed on Safari and yet the process still occurs thousands of times in just a few minutes.

Thanks for the ideas and open to any others people may have!

6. lambo13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved

All - Solved this issue by following the instructions at this site (no affiliation).

I actually took it a step further and deleted the keychain that kept being called as I don't use Adobe Air anyway.

Hope this helps someone else that may face a similar issue.

7. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I decided to take a check my keychain. Just in case. No problems.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Same here, I'm glad there was no problems. Thanks to the OP for including the info that solved his problem.