Weird processes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gaura Mohana, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Gaura Mohana, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

Gaura Mohana macrumors regular

Hi there
    I have a "13 2010 MBP with 10.7.1 Lion on it, and since the day I installed 10.7.0 (2 days after launch day) I've had a few problems.

Battery life is weirded out
    Right now I only have a few apps open (safari,iTunes) Brightness on full, key lights on full (yes - I know these take a lot of battery), and it tell me MAXIMUM 3 hours remaining on full charge with NOTHING CPU intensive going on. This seems wrong..
    Coconut battery says 86% battery life, and 21WATTS being used... How the heck is that happening with nothing significant open?

[​IMG]
    I have weird processes on
    Constantly I have - 3 instances of ioreg running! ALL THE TIME! For the last 2 months!!! Restart doesn't help!.. What is ioreg? And how do I get to stop using a lot of my cpu? (always minimum 10 per instance, maximum 30 per instance)
    Also randomly I get processes such as lsd and a few other randoms
    WindowService or something like that has a habit of taking 10CPU once in a while
    [​IMG]
    BTW I'm getting all this from istat pro

Do I have to reinstall lion? I would prefer not to.

Sorry if i sounded a little rude. Please help me out.. Im just a bit frustrated by the precesses

BTW I already read that battery tips thingy..... Didn't help much
    Thanks

2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

why don't you upgrade to 10.7.2 first, and check if the problems go away?

you could also google ioreg. It gives raw output of all the system information. My guess is that all the monitoring systems that you are running are calling these processes constantly :D

3. joedaven macrumors newbie

i'm getting the same process, about 10 hours into computer uptime is when it really takes over my CPU and makes it run at +100% and really heats up my computer. Any suggestions on what to do about it?