weird push notification behavior

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by troyhouse, Feb 20, 2010.

1. troyhouse macrumors 6502

i have iphone 3gs, old bootrom, 3.1.2, with untethered jb done using blackra1n.

i had activated the phone using att sim card and then did the jb. now to the mail point about push notifications.

1. it works from time to time, and i get push notifications from ebay, and couple of games
    2. it does not work with my work exchange email setup, push is enabled and i get "beep" when the new mail comes in but no notifications

i totally understand that i cannot restore and jb and all that stuff, and i dont have my shsh files stored on cydia.

so the question is, is there anything that i can do to fix the push notifications issue with my mail, without having to restore

thanks in advance.

2. Agent 21 macrumors regular

I'm not sure about your issue, but my push notification is weird too. I have two mail accounts, a GMail one (main), and a Yahoo one (for signing up for junk). I usually only have the GMail one "enabled" as it's my personal one. I NEVER get push notifications when I have new mail UNKESS I make a phonecall. Then sometime in the begining of the call I get the beep/ding sound and then the red icon shows up on the mail icon showing how many new emails I have. It also updates when I go into the mail app, naturally, but as far as push, for the GMail account it only "pushes" when a call connects.

The Yahoo one pushes as soon as I get a new email though. It's a junk mail address so I don't keep it enabled because then it pushes constantly all day just for junk, but I check it occasionally and sometimes forget to turn it back to inactive, and when I do that's when I start getting push notifications, but still ONLY for that account. It's weird. I'm on a PurleRa1n-JB 3GS FW 3.0, launch-day bootrom.