Weird question about genius bar screen replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Jul 18, 2009.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I have a white 3gs with an excellent screen. I've seen so many crappy screens on 2g, 3g, and floor model 3gs. Everything on mine works fine except the wifi signal fluctuation leaves something to be desired. If it turns out it's hardware related, not software (after I restore sometime or update to 3.1whenever it comes out), or there's any wonky hardware issues in the future, u think I could ask the genius to swap the phone and put my existing screen on the replacement? Tired of crap screens!

Seems like most of them out there are no good and it's a luck of the draw.

This is what I'm most picky about

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

it goes like this!

1 you have a problem hopefully make a reasonable effort to solve it yourself!
    2 no resolve make appt. with the genus bar
    3 Genus will listen to your issues then run diagnostics on it if they find it's hardware they will exchange the phone other wise they will discuss other options. and no they won't exchange the screen.

if it makes you feel better I am having some of those same issues Apple says it's 3.0 both my 3G and Wifi Signal are fluctuating never happened with the 3G phone. here is a link to apple support on this. I was just looking it over before I got on the forum my Wifi is terrible today.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Yeah the issue seems fairly widespread so I'm hoping it will be corrected eventually and not gonna bother replacing it yet. Until there's a definitive fix at least.

4. davyreins macrumors 6502

I'm a little suspicious of screen replacements because after I had mine replaced my chrome bezel started separating from the plastic. Not saying this happens all the time, and it might have just been a coincidence, but that is what happened to me.

They replaced it because of the bezel, but it's just another trip to the apple store...

By the way, what do you mean by crappy screens? Do you mean dust under them?

5. lavinci macrumors 6502

Like as you said dust under screen, yellow screen, loss of clarity, dead pixels, or non-responsive areas.