Weird rattle noise in iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tedsterb, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Tedsterb macrumors member

So when i tap the top part of the phone on my hand, theres a rattling sound i hear inside the phone... very weird. The bottom part doesnt have any noises. I went and asked at the ATT store today and they had no clue. I checked other iphones on display and they all have it.... does yours have it? My old 3G has it too.

2. Storrow macrumors regular

I am on my 3rd iphone and they have all done this (swapped out for issues other than the rattling). I think it has something to do with the camera lens. I think they all do it.

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

correct it is the camera lens, the rattle does not mean there is anything wrong

4. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

If you have a kid give it to them... Most expensive baby rattle ever!

5. Tedsterb thread starter macrumors member

Haha nice. Well at least its nothing like the new BB Torch, the slider rattles when in the closed position, feels so loose like its about to break off. :(

6. hvgray macrumors newbie

I found my rattle...

I took the case off and isolated the rattle: for me it's the power button at the top that has started jiggling back and forth. Gonna keep an eye on it...

7. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

You're right man, it's not the camera lens, it's a loose fitting lock/power button. I took mine in to see about it, because I was finding it incredibly irritating. The genius guy showed me that a few of them did more or less the same thing. Evidently the shape cutting of the lock buttons is a little inconsistent. It's worse on my second iP4 than it was on it my first. I'd recommend getting a bumper, as that pretty much stops it moving around.