weird reassignments in iTunes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jawzzy, Nov 25, 2007.

1. jawzzy macrumors regular

So after I upgraded to Leopard, some of my iTunes song refuse to play. When I right-click and show the file in the Finder, it points me to something like "SRCSlider.strings" in some folder devoted to languages.

This has happened to me multiple times, and I really really hope it isnt too extensive.

Any help would be appreciated. Is this something that could be fixed by Apple in a future update or do I have to manually reassign the songs?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

You have a corrupted iTunes library. There's no easy fix for this, but if you happen to have all your songs in the iTunes Music folder there's an easy way to get all your song links fixed in iTunes's internal database. Just tell iTunes to open the iTunes music folder, and add its contents to its library. If this doesn't work, you might want to run a script like Super Remove Dead Tracks first, then try the above method again.

3. jawzzy thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm...point taken, but won't adding everything in to my library again cause repeats of the correct ones? I have iTunes sort and copy everything so that all my music files are organized in one place. I would hate having to delete repeats for every one of the four thousand or so songs I have in my library.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

iTunes is smart enough not to add stuff a second time that's already there. I know this because I had to use this technique once on my own iTunes Library (for a different reason).