WEIRD REQUEST: users w/dell 20,24inch lcd and MBP please look here

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rmhop81, Jun 1, 2007.

1. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

OK. Weird request! I've got a 22inch acer monitor at the moment which is probably gonna go back to best buy as I don't like it. so I'm looking to get a dell 20, 24inch lcd with the height adjustable stand. My old setup was a dell 2005 wide screen 20inch that i had standing up behind my 12inch powerbook. I'd like to have dual screens and use the keyboard of the MBP so was wondering for users with MBP and a dell 20inch or 24inch lcd is it possible to have ur MBP open on your desk in front of the monitor with the monitor raised quite a bit and able to view both the MBP screen and the dell LCD. Any pics would be helpful too. Thanks!!

2. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I don't have either, but with various stands that are made for LCD's, one could easily accomodate what you are looking for. It just might cost a little bit more.

Sell the Acer on ebay, if you got the 22" for 189, you'll make some $$.

3. rmhop81 thread starter macrumors 68020

rmhop81

yeah the problem is that I don't want another stand i want just the adjustable height on the actual monitor stand so i can raise it to the level i want without having to have it on another stand as well. Meh....those monitors don't go for much more than what i pay with tax at $205 so probably just take it back. not too bad of a monitor......they made it look like it's silver and black which is why I got it but it ended up being dark dark grey. oh wellz. Hopefully someone can tell me if it works with the dell's or not. thanks for the replyt hough.

4. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Here is a pic of my MBP and 24" dell. I've had it for a year and I LOVE it and I get lots of nice comments on it :). No additional stand

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      148.6 KB
      Views:
  5. rmhop81 thread starter macrumors 68020

rmhop81

nice man. is your monitor up all the way or can it still go higher?

6. adamfilip macrumors 6502a

adamfilip

i have the dell 24 lcd
    and i have a 15" hp laptop and with the dell all the way up
    the laptop screen still covers like 2 inches of the dell lcd

7. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Sorry I wasn't more clear, I meant a new stand, like the arm that it sits on. Here is a link link

8. murfle macrumors regular

If you want practical numbers, I have the 2407WFP, and I took a measurement for you.

When the display is at a 90 degree angle to the desk, it is 12cm off the desk from the very bottom of the device. If you consider the 'chin', its just under 2cm, so from the very bottom of the visible display, you're getting 14cm. Now if you tilt the display backwards, you're going to get a bit more space, but then the viewing angle might be a little odd for you to work on...

Also, just for clarification, I don't have it hooked up to a macbook at all.

9. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Its up all of the way and the macbook pro still covers the black bottom of the screen case, but none of the actual pixels

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

To the OP that's a good question...I'm not being sarcastic at all.
    But as everyone seems to agree, my 15" Powerbook can be open and not cover the actual screen of a 20" dell lcd.

11. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Who said anything about the 20", we've all just been talking about the 24"

12. rmhop81 thread starter macrumors 68020

rmhop81

in my post i said either the 20 or the 24....just whatever.

13. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Sorry, I probably didn't interpret Jessica correctly. I thought she meant that the thread said that a 20" would work, when nobody confirmed that a 20" would work (just a 24"). After re-reading it I guess she probably means that her powerbook fits under her 20" dell.