iPhone Weird Restore - AT&T Invalid SIM

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by vcao, Feb 12, 2013.

1. vcao macrumors regular

So right before the release of evasi0n, I was going to do a full restore to a clean ios 6.1.

After doing so, I got a "please insert a valid sim for you carrier" blah blah. Even after several DFU reinstalls.

So I went to AT&T, had them swap some sims, but to no avail, so I went to Apple and they swapped the phones no problem.

So on I went, but instead of doing a full restore, I just did an update software in itunes, and went ahead and did the evasi0n jb.

In an effort to wipe the slate clean (for battery sakes) I attempted another restore but the phone bricked again due to the same sim error! On to apple again and another swap. I figured it must have been Carrier Editor, so I tried a restore again after an itunes re-install with the new phone and it bricked SIM again. I couldn't believe it. :eek:

Luckily Apple swapped it again, and the Genius did an update in the store, but not a restore...which I was interested in seeing what would happen...but at that point i was just happy leaving with a working phone again

Well long story short, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I don't want to be stuck in a situation where I cant restore the phone in fear of bricking the thing again.

Could the ios 6.1 download be corrupted? :confused: :confused:

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Get a new SIM card. My SIM card failed 3 times on 2 different phones already with AT&T. I'm not sure why, but once I see "Invalid SIM", I just goto an AT&T store and get it replaced.

3. vcao thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

On a full restore, I'm not even able to activate the phone in the initial iOS start up screens. I get a prompt that says please insert a valid carrier sim supported by this carrier (something to that affect)

The only work around has been swapping phones as taking my sim out and putting it in new other phones works.