weird safari problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dedalus, Aug 24, 2007.

1. dedalus macrumors member

My Safari works brilliantly on all websites but one...this particular one has a button that needs to be clicked to log in into this system. Safari won't let me click on it. If I click on the button nothing happens. What can I do?

The website is www.wandsworth.gov.uk/arena (it's the tennis booking website for battersea park tennis courts).

Glad for anyone to help.

Manuel

2. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

I put a 1 in the Membership Number box and a 1 in the Pin box and using Firefox on a PC it doesn't work for me either.

I would assume that it'd tell me my membership number was invalid but I got no response at all.

I tried the same thing on IE on a PC and I got an Invalid Membership number response.

So I'd say the site is written for IE only (people still do that?). It does say 'best viewed in IE...?

3. dedalus thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks. I do use it at the office with IE...typical British public service I suppose...:D;):apple:

thanks for trying.

M>

4. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

It's because the web designer for that site is a retard who doesn't know jack. It has some wack javascript that doesn't think Safari is good enough. If you disable javascript for that page you'll be able to login.

6. dedalus thread starter macrumors member

Thanks very much. I'm able to click on it following your recommendations but it directs me back to the login page once again...I'll use it a t work with the PC...Thanks a million for your help!

Manuel

7. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach