iPad Weird Safari Tab Switching On Jailbroken iPad 4 iOS 7.0.4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cjhockey35, Jan 20, 2014.

1. cjhockey35 macrumors newbie

Instead of giving me the tabs on the top like it would in any other browser, they appear in a list form on the right side like so:
    [​IMG]

I tried starting in Substrate Safe Mode to see if there was a tweak messing with it, but still the same. Also I looked to see what package were installed, nothing that effects safari is there. So this had to be from the jailbreak itself i assume. ANy idea how to revert to the normal tabs?

2. cchunk macrumors 6502

That's weird. For me those are my favorites. So what happens when you press the + button?

3. cjhockey35 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just opens a new tab that appears in that list.

4. hharzer macrumors member

I has the exact same problem. The only way I found was to restore the OS, after that it worked. Don't know why though, I didn't even do something in the first place to change the standard behaviour of Safari, it looked that way since opening the package of my iPad.

5. cjhockey35 thread starter macrumors newbie

So you hadnt even jailbroke? Your iPad came like that? Weird.....

6. 007p macrumors 6502a

Doesn't it do this when you have X amount of tabs opened, i.e it cannot display them all at the top?

Now obviously you don't have many open, so something has gone wrong. Have you tried closing all tabs and killing safari and seeing if it still does it?

I'm not sure it's jailbreak related though. If you had tweaks that changed safari then maybe. I take it it didn't do this before you jailbroke? Is there any chance you know how many tabs you had open when you jailbroke - perhaps you had that list (due to too many tabs) and it bugged out?

At least your still in the window to restore and re-jb :)