weird scenes inside the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heycal, Jan 14, 2015.

1. heycal macrumors 6502a

I've had more than a few glitches occur with my iphone 6, but this one may be the oddest: There I was this evening, minding my own business, when I hear an alert go off. So I pull my phone out of my pocket to see what it is but it's dark. I turn it on and see nothing at all. No messages, no notifications or anything else.

20 minutes later it happens again, only this time it's a different alert sound, an alert sound I've assigned to a particular friend. So I pull out my phone expecting to see a text from this friend and… nothing. No sign of any activity at all.

Anyone heard of such random alerts going off, or what this might portend?

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

You may have it set to play a sound but not display a notification. Check if any apps are set to do this in Settings > Notifications.

3. Shikaka macrumors regular

This happens to me each time I sit down at my Mac at work. No message on the phone, just the "ding" sound that's assigned to new text messages.

I have no idea why?

4. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't see anything in notifications or sounds that would account for the two random, and different, alert sounds.

Well, at least it's consistent if it happens every time, even if still annoying and mysterious. I always prefer a problem that's predictable and consistent rather than intermittant and random.

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Were you someplace public, or at home? I always chuckle to myself when I hear a common iPhone sound and 5 nearby people all check their phones at the same time.

6. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was at home, so am sure it was my phone. I was talking to someone else in the house and we both heard the tones.

7. Ingster macrumors 6502

Ingster

By any chance had you come into range of your macbook/ipad?

Sometimes with the messages apps and continuity they emit the alert when they've updated info from your iphone - that could be why you heard the noise but it might be from another of your devices, but as you'd already read it on the iphone, it won't be up as an unread message.

Shikaka - this might be your mac making those notifications?

8. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, it wasn't my Mac, which was far away at the time. It was definitely my phone, and had two different random alert tones.

9. cbreze macrumors 6502

cbreze

I've heard email tones a few times that when I check there is nothing there.
    gremlins?

10. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Yes this happens to me, too. Strange. I'm glad you made a post about it. I have so many weird little glitches and problems my husband doesn't experience with his identical model Plus. Which is why I'm revisiting this forum, trying to figure out what is normal and what is a true defect or problem. I have decided to scratch my phone back to new and start all over again.

11. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm on my second iphone 6 now -- had tons of problems with the first one, less but stilll too many with the new one. Ironic, since a major reason I got an iphone was to avoid wonky behavior.

12. dss10 macrumors member

dss10

The same thing happened to me last night while I was on Facetime.... I thought I missed a text, but there were no new ones.... FWIW that was the first time this has happened....

13. srltzz342 macrumors member

I've had similar experiences- but I kinda just assume that it's a glitch with something inside- maybe like there is a message coming in that hasn't been received yet, or maybe it's dinging from a message received a while ago.