Weird screen brightness behaviour

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2016
Despite disabling auto brightness, the screen brightness seems to down-shift a few notches even when plugged into the AC. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.

WWHG.

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
Slightly Dim Display On Battery power ? In Energy Saver Settings

MrGuder

macrumors 68030
Nov 30, 2012
Despite disabling auto brightness, the screen brightness seems to down-shift a few notches even when plugged into the AC. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.

WWHG.
My 2017 doesn't do this, I saw your post yesterday and paid attention to the brightness and it stayed at the same brightness level for me when I plugged it in and unplugged it. I also have auto brightness turned off. However I could have sworn that on my 2015 that I tested it did do this the brightness would drop a few notches.

What model do you own?

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2016
My 2017 doesn't do this, I saw your post yesterday and paid attention to the brightness and it stayed at the same brightness level for me when I plugged it in and unplugged it. I also have auto brightness turned off. However I could have sworn that on my 2015 that I tested it did do this the brightness would drop a few notches.

What model do you own?
The 2016 MBP in my sig...

Odd behaviour for sure. Hmm.

tvith

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
I have the exact opposite, every time I plug in my 2017 15" MBP the brightness goes to 100%, regardless of bringing it down every time I plug it in, the next time I plug it in, the brightness goes back to 100%. When I remove the charger, the brightness goes down from what it's set at while plugged in. It doesn't go back to what I had prior to plugging it in. I also have auto brightness off.