Weird Screen capture problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by krypticos, Nov 24, 2008.

1. krypticos macrumors regular

i was trying to capture an image on the web the other day from a site im with. well i hit command+control+shift+4 . the camera noise and everything happened like normal but the image never showed up on the desktop like it did the day or so before. i also tried it with 3 and it did nothing also. so if there is a place to change where the pictures go that would be nice to know. if any one can help me i would be very grateful. thank you for your time

2. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Mine are saved right to the desktop. It also saves them as .png (I think)
    Is there a way to change the format in which it saves?

*try command + shift + 3
    I think that's how I do it... (not near computer now, on iPhone)

3. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

yea i have tried com+con+shi+3 and still noise but no image. i looked with spotlight for .png images once and found none of my screen images. thanks though

4. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

3 vs 4

One of those key combo does the screen capture, and the other does a selection. Maybe you did the selection one, clicked your mouse (which should turn into cross-hairs) and it only captured a pixel? I know you said you tried both, so my last suggestion would be to relaunch finder, and hope it just forgot to refresh. Oops, just noticed, i think the combination is just shift+command+3 (or 4). Leave out the control.

Found online a related tip I didn't know. "Anyway, it turns out if you press Shift + Command + 4 and then hit Space, your cursor turns to a camera icon and you can grab just the contents of one window." credit

5. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

i tried relaunching finder before but i also tried again. still nothing. thanks though.

6. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

above poster is right, leave out the "control" button... have you tried that?

SHIFT + COMMAND + 3

*****does anyone know how to change the format the pictures are saved in from a screen shot?

7. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

thanks i didn't realize that i was holding one extra key, ok now i fill really dumb plus i read your post wrong the first time there shady825. thank you very much everyone that posted

8. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Its all good. Glad you got it working.