iPad Weird Screen Image Ghosting After iOS6 Update

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by drummingcraig, Sep 19, 2012.

1. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

So this is quite odd.

Just installed iOS6 on my iPad2 and almost immediately noticed that there is some weird image ghosting coming thru from other apps (more specifically, the previous app used).

I noticed it when I opened the game Pocket Planes by NimbleBit. This game has a dark grey border around it and that is where I noticed that I could see the top tool bar from Safari (which I had just been using).

It is also noticeable in another Nimblebit game I have (Tiny Towers) which has the same grey border.

I am quite certain that this was not happening prior to iOS6.

I am trying to find other apps which have dark edges/borders to see if it affects others as well.

2. souljade macrumors newbie

I noticed exactly the same on my iPhone 4S after updating to iOS6.

I already tried restoring the phone, and it disappeared after that, but now, 2 days later, it's back again.

3. mw360 macrumors 65816

mw360

Its probably been there a while - you only just noticed it because you're paying more attention to small details after the update.

4. drummingcraig thread starter macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

Definitely was not there before the update. I understand what your implying and I did find some other threads that seem to indicate this was an issue for some folks long before the iOS6 update. However I have been playing the game I referenced in my original post for several months and never saw/noticed it. It is obvious when it happens...not something thats hard to spot.

5. souljade macrumors newbie

yup, it was definitely not there before.

it's also very noticable on the startup screen with apple logo when I reboot. Even though it's not a screen problem because it's not on the screenshots, I called apple care for a replacement, since wasn't sure that it really is a software problem..

6. mw360 macrumors 65816

mw360

My iPad started doing it a few months ago. There always has to be a first time you notice it. For you it was on a update day, for me it was just an ordinary day. It's coincidence, combined with a likelihood you're looking at your screen a bit more than normal.