Weird screen issue. MBA REV A on snow leopard - see pics!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by matthewHUB, Dec 2, 2009.

1. matthewHUB macrumors 6502

Hi everyone.

Does anybody know what's going on here? (see pics) This happens sometimes and I can't figure out why. If i move a window over it, the corrupt parts stay the same underneath if that makes any sense.

It's a MBA REVA, and i had the logic board replaced by Apple for free in January in the hope to reduce some heat issues. But it didn't really work. Other than that the machine is in top order.

2. matthewHUB thread starter macrumors 6502

3. dashcs macrumors regular

Might be a graphic drivers 10.6 glitch or a 3rd party plug in.

I would call applecare and have them do a RTA :cool:

4. matthewHUB thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think i'm covered by applecare anymore. I got the logic board replaced on the 365th day after purchase (as i had been putting it off and just thought the machine couldn't handle certain processes, but my brother persuaded me to get the logic board switched out). Anyway, the Apple store made a huge deal about it and apparently it's only covered for 364 days from purchase. So i couldn't extend the applecare then, but they said they'd honour the warranty and replace the logic board for me.

Hmmm somewhere else i've got a pic (edit: just found it) from when i was previously running leopard. Similar thing happened. It's from ages ago - 22nd May 2009.

What shall I do? Email SJobs?

Attached Files:

5. durija macrumors 6502

Check your temperatures. I sometimes get weird screen artifacts like that when my iMac is running hot.

6. dashcs macrumors regular

With all repairs,warranty or not,you get 90 of warranty support on the computer.

So if the computer was out of warranty and they repaired,you just got extra 90 days on your computer for hardware suppose.

Applecare can do exception for you since you bee having this problem for awhile and it hasn't been resolved it when you had warranty

I might be software issue though.

7. mrchinchilla macrumors 6502

mrchinchilla

I've had issues like this on a MacBook, which are provoked by the old silver-style QuickTime plug-in in any browser. It's fixable by logging in/out or avoiding that stupid plug-in. I'd say it's a problem with the graphics kext as I never had the problem with Leopard.

8. matthewHUB thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it's no secret that this baby gets hot. CPU temp is above 70 a lot of the time.

@mrchincilla, is there any way to "test" whether it's this plugin or temperature issue? I'm using safari 4 with all the latest software updates installed.

9. matthewHUB thread starter macrumors 6502

see last post. but also, how do you avoid that plugin? i wasn't aware i was using it..