Weird Screen Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moonmen, Sep 13, 2008.

1. moonmen macrumors newbie

I have noticed a strange issue with my 3g's screen. It has a line of light pixels on the top right edge of the lcd, right before it meets the border that looks like an lcd that is off.

It doesn't look like light leak...And I don't think it is stuck pixels, because it is only visible from an angle.(like if you hold the phone flat when playing a game...)

This leads me to believe they will blow it off at the bar...I can live with it, but it is annoying, now that I've seen it. It also looks like the right side has it, but is much less noticeable.

I am curious if anyone has had this issue? Will it get worse?

I could only find info online about people dropping their phones, but this one hasn't, knock on wood...

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Actually, this border should exist on the top and bottom, too. It's normal. The active LCD screen is slightly smaller than the clear portion of glass that it's behind.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

its normal, every iPhone has it, normally on all four sides by varying amounts

4. moonmen thread starter macrumors newbie

No You guys are misunderstanding me...

I know that border should exist, but this is at the border meeting that "normal border"(one that is like an lcd thats off)

it is like stuck white pixels, only at an angle...and only on the top right...It is definitely a defect, just wondering if it can be exchanged or will get worse or can be fixed by self easily?

5. moonmen thread starter macrumors newbie

gonna head to the bar today, but I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem...

6. moonmen thread starter macrumors newbie

They replaced it at first look...

New one has 2 bright pixels, light leak, and a chipped chrome headphone ring...WTF do I have to do to get a non defective phone?
    I am embarrassed to go in again and I spent good money on this...