Weird screen issue

Discussion in 'iMac' started by idesign245, Nov 19, 2008.

1. idesign245 macrumors 6502

So I noticed tonight what looks to be a burnt in image on my 24" iMac's screen... the only thing is, I have no idea how it got there because nothing stays on my screen that long, the screen saver kicks in after 15 minutes and I don't recognize the pattern from anything I would have had up.

I searched the forums, but everyone who had a burn in issue could tell what the burn in was of, but I'm wondering if mine is an issue with the actual screen rather than a burn in?

A reboot didn't help, and when I take a screen shot, its not on it.

Here's some pictures, its on the left hand side of the screen, looks like a repetitive rectangle and a long vertical line... if you look at the itunes icon, the line starts there, and if you follow it up you'll see the vertical rectangles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. idesign245 thread starter macrumors 6502

Anybody?

Does anyone know what the back of the screen looks like? I'm wondering if its the circuitry showing through the screen or something?

3. jonessodarally macrumors member

Yes, same issue here. Mine is 20" screen though.
    Also found a few other people with the same issue. I commented on those threads as well.
    Have you found a solution yet?

4. jonessodarally macrumors member

Here are a few images of my screen, showing the vertical lines...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as you can see, it is not just the desktop, as it continues onto the title bar of the expose window...
    [​IMG]