Weird screen problem...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shrewsburywolf, Sep 15, 2008.

1. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

I have had a strange thing happen to my screen, it started with what I thought was a small scratch, and has grown along the top of my screen over the last couple of weeks. It is difficult to photograph and I have included the best shot I could get.

I have taken this in to an O2 store and was told by the girl behind the counter that she thought it was a scratch, but it is definitely behind the glass. I was just curious if anyone else has had this issue. I was also told at O2 they could not exchange it and I should go to my nearest apple store (3hr round trip).

I have also noticed light leak from the left hand side of the screen and also specks of dust under the glass, do you think I have a good case for an exchange? It is really disappointing as I did not have one issue with my 2G now I have 3 with my 3G!

[​IMG]

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

as long as Apple says that you didn't drop it or neglect it otherwise, then they should issue you a replacement.

3. shrewsburywolf thread starter macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

I haven't dropped it, been quite lucky really, learnt my lessons from my 2G!! Dropped that one 4 times in 9 months!

4. Vegan TJ macrumors regular

Vegan TJ

the screen is ALWAYS like that if your in the sunlight it looked like that on my GEN 1 iphone and my 3g and my girls 3g and my grandmas 3g

5. shrewsburywolf thread starter macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

Nah this is different, this is visible in sun light, inside, outside, anywhere.

It started as a small mark and it spread to four lines on the top of the screen, now two of the lines have joined and I have two small lines and one big one. It looks like glue is coming away from the inside of the screen??

6. Joe23 macrumors 6502

I thought I was the only one!

I had exactly the same problem as you. No-one I showed it to could come up with an explanation for it. I took it into an Apple store and they replaced it, no questions asked. O2 didn't even want to know.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would try and have it exchanged. They look like cracks to me.

8. shrewsburywolf thread starter macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

Ah! Good to hear that some one has had the same problem! (Well not really but hey!) I guess I will have to make a trip to Birmingham. I guess the O2 staff are the same in every store, useless!

9. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Definitely a defect. Take it back to Apple, they should replace it.

O2 seems like they have terrible customer service, as I've read about many people who've had iPhone problems being told the phone won't be exchanged. Your best bet will be to deal directly with Apple.

10. shrewsburywolf thread starter macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

11. cgentry macrumors member

I have the same problem.
    Any reason the Apple stores here in the US wouldn't be willing to replace it? Or, better yet, any one know if an ATT store would be willing to replace the phone for this defect?

12. ttech10 macrumors 6502

He means the weird things at the top... not the actual screen where you see the Calendar and everything.