Weird Screen Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by l3lack J4ck, Feb 7, 2008.

1. l3lack J4ck macrumors member

Hey guys,

yesterday i jailbroke my 1.1.2 OOTB iphone to 1.1.3. everything is working good, installer, apps, and my AT&T network.

Today i was using it in the car and i put it in sleep mode and put it in my pocket. I pulled it out to get directions from google maps, and nothing was working. If i hit hte "wake/sleep" button to wake it up, nothing would happen. If i clicked the "home" button. nothing happened.

I could not power off or turn on the iphone. for all i know the thing was a brick for a while. i didnt know if it was on or off but holding the wake button did nothing.

I got a phone call and the screen was on. I was able to "slide to answer" and "end call" . Once i ended the call however, the screen did it again.

I came home and plugged it into the computer, and the screen works fine now. And i just noticed that while playing iPhysics, the screen flickered for a second.

Is it something i did? Jailbreak problem?

do you suggest i take it to an apple store? im confused

thanks for hte help

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    just iphysics?

Does it just do that in iphysics? If so I think you shouldn't worry about it, unless it does it often. You should try a restore and rejailbreak it, or maybe just reinstall iphysics. But don't take it to the apple store unless you perform a restore first. Good luck with that.

3. goodwilldrums macrumors regular

hmmmmm

I would try rebooting it. I know on mine it did that a few times, but i was always able to eventually get it to come back on by reseting it: press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.