Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ems119

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Hey guys I got this screen when I turned my phone on and off. Anyone ever seen this?

Attachments

• IMG_0026.png
    IMG_0026.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 306

Ems119

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Maybe your wallpaper was obtained from PhotoBucket? :confused:

No I turned my phone on and off and then on again cause my service was all wacky. Then this screen popped up and I took a screen shot of it and uploaded it to photobucket to post on here.

Ems119

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
I have never seen that, ever. Is your phone jail-broken with a theme?

Nope, nothing like that. This came on after the phone was already on. I just updated to 3.0.1 2 days ago. I was very perplexed lol maybe a glitch with the software update?

Ems119

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Someone is playing a joke on you.
Its a form of a message someone send you. Cant remember what they call it.

No it's not. I didn't get any messages. My phone litteraly turned on and this screen came on and I hit that back button. And I'm in airplane mode cause my battery is almost dead and I'm at work with no charger lol

megamanbnmaster

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2008
Hey guys I got this screen when I turned my phone on and off. Anyone ever seen this?

Actually that is the image of when AT&T sends you a message. When I accdentally disabled 3G on my iphone (by putting the card and activing a 2G), i put it back, called ATT, and then they showed that. Afterwards, the guy on ATT told me to restart the phone.

So it's send to you by most likely AT&T. Most likely to reset the connection between your sim card and the network.

Ems119

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
LMAO come on guys... look at the <back> button.. it's a picture in the photo app... seriously...

and the flash messages look a little different.

I'm very serious about this not being a joke or message. My service was suspended because I forgot to pay my bill. Then I paid it, the service was restored but my Internet wasn't working. So I shut the phone on and off twice then right when the phone turned on this is what came up. How would you send a message like that? I hit that "back" button and it brought me to the home screen. Any other ideas, since everyone thinks I'm screwing around???

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Dolp! Back button fail!

I am curious about these flash messages though. I never heard of them. I would have a TON of fun with these and my non techsavvy friends :)

Ems119

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Actually that is the image of when AT&T sends you a message. When I accdentally disabled 3G on my iphone (by putting the card and activing a 2G), i put it back, called ATT, and then they showed that. Afterwards, the guy on ATT told me to restart the phone.

So it's send to you by most likely AT&T. Most likely to reset the connection between your sim card and the network.

Ahh, now that's a lot more helpful. Thanks for the help! When I saw it I was like WTF?? So I figured I would take a screenshot and put it up on here. Thanks again.

egk69

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
attachment.php

WOW!! Fvvcck!, hehehe, that screen scares me!!, i dont know what it is, but it happend to me a few days ago, in the exact way it hapend to you, i just turn off the phone, and turn it on again, i was doing something and when i look at the phone that screen was there! I dont remember what i click after that and I totally forgot that! till now that i see this post!

I think i hit Back or cancel and well nothing weird happend, i wonder what that screen is about, and what will hapend if you hit accept !?
btw: this was on my 3GS, i never saw that on my 3G....

egk69

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008

riiighht!! I think that screen show to me the day i bought the 3GS a few minutes after the activation... or maybe not i cant remember...

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
Why would you even waste our time with that image you made?

Flash SMS would be nice on AT&T ... I've been considering moving to the UK just to get it. ( Specifically Swansea ) ;-) ... I love that place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.