Weird shipment?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ugotpwned5, Jan 21, 2013.

1. ugotpwned5 macrumors member

Is this normal? I live in the USA & am having it shipped here.

Shipment Travel History
    Jan 21, 2013 10:00 PM
    At local FedEx facility
    Jan 20, 2013 9:33 PM
    At local FedEx facility
    Jan 19, 2013 1:57 PM
    Left FedEx origin facility
    Jan 18, 2013 11:08 PM
    Shipment information sent to FedEx
    Jan 19, 2013 12:12 PM
    Picked up

I don't quite understand what is going on here. It was suppose to be delivered by this Thursday.
    Or did I just miss the weekend cutoff and should it be in anchorage tonight? I'm a bit worried ;)

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Looks a little strange - I have also experienced "weird" shipping notes. But always received my product on time. It can easily still get to you by Thursday.

3. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

Normal. There are delays with updating that information. Apple ships it directly from china, and you will get it on time.

4. ugotpwned5 thread starter macrumors member

That's what I figured. I always have the worst shipping experiences. My packages always end up at my neighbors houses. I don't know how it happens lol. So I was just being cautious of the situation going on here.

5. Bear macrumors G3

Actually that looks perfectly normal. What is usually done is Apple packs pallets with ordered items. The pallet goes air to one of like 3 or 4 airports in the US where the pallet gets broken down and delivered like normal.

Depending on where you live, it's usually one or 2 days delivery from when it hits the distribution airport.

Apple gets a discount because Fedex isn't handling individual boxes for the Air portion of the delivery. The funny thing is, if I order something and it ships from the factory in China or Taiwan, it often gets to me quicker than ground shipment from California would.

6. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Yup, looks normal to me. Next stop usually Alaska.