Weird Siri Glitch

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Woochifer, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

On iOS 8, Siri seems to work a lot faster. But, it is acting weird. At first, it would not accept any requests this morning.

And then I asked for directions to Cupertino City Hall, and it gave me directions to Philadelphia City Hall. To check and see if something weird is going on, I asked for other random city halls, and Siri kept directing back to Philadelphia City Hall.

For whatever reason, Siri keeps wanting to direct me to Philadelphia. Philly was the first out of town trip I took with my 5s less than a week after I activated it, and I did stay at a hotel close to Philadelphia City Hall.

Has anyone else noticed this when asking for "city hall" directions?

2. gtbartlett macrumors newbie

I just attempted directions to Knoxville Cuty Hall and it did the same thing, gave me directions to Philadelphia City Hall

3. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Wow that's weird, I just asked for directions to City Hall, and it gave me directions to Philadelphia City Hall! Zoomed out to Earth view and everything (I'm in LA).

I know when it can't decipher what you just said whether due to background noise or unclear speech, it'll say it's not taking any requests. If you say it again clearly it'll work again. Sometimes that can be the situation.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I just experienced the same thing as the OP. Tried three different city hall directions and it gave me Philadelphia each time.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

6. Joshua Moore macrumors 6502

Maybe something spectacular awaits you in Philadelphia

7. Woochifer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks everyone. Wow, this is REALLY a strange bug.

And it's not like Siri is misreading anything. When I asked for "Cupertino City Hall" that's what Siri spelled out on screen. But, then it would turn around and give me directions to Philadelphia City Hall.

I thought it was a peculiarity to my phone because I went to Philly last year just two days after activating my phone. Most of the early activity on my phone did actually occur around Philadelphia City Hall.

Funny thing is that if I use voice entry for "Cupertino City Hall" with Maps, then Cupertino City Hall shows up exactly like it should.

8. 3282868 macrumors 603

LOL Good catch, been developing with iOS 8 since June, never knew. Why Philadelphia City Hall? Random.

9. DarkAnnie macrumors member

DarkAnnie

I'm in northern Norway, and Siri wanted to take me to Philadelphia city hall also, instead of my local city hall. Now that's what I call one hell of a detour!!!

10. Jon-PDX macrumors regular

Running iOS 7.1.2 here on an iPad 3.

Siri also takes me to the Philadelphia City Hall after asking for directions to City Hall without specifying a city.

So it's not an iOS 8 issue.

Jon...