Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwayne.king

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2006
Hi there,

I just recently purchased the bluetooth mouse and keyboard for my new macbook pro. Very cool.

I was particularly excited about this purchase, because I was hoping to run the laptop "lid down" and effectively replace my current desktop. So I've got it all setup as I think it should be, and it works...almost.

I've turned on the "wake on bluetooth device" option on in the system config, and sure enough, hitting a key or moving the mouse does wake up the system. The problem is, that after about 10sec or so it immediately goes back to sleep. In the 10s though the system works fine. I can navigate with the mouse, type etc, but it still goes back to sleep.

Has anyone ever seen this? Have I missed something in the config? This is my first max so I've probably missed something really simple.

Thanks in advance.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
What I usually do is just use the lower brightness button (at the upper left of the keyboard) to turn the brightness to zero. To me it has the same effect as running with the lid closed. If you want you can also then just close the lid 95% till just before it clicks. There are other workarounds, but I don't see any need when I can just turn my screen off.

dwayne.king

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2006
motulist said:
What I usually do is just use the lower brightness button (at the upper left of the keyboard) to turn the brightness to zero. To me it has the same effect as running with the lid closed. If you want you can also then just close the lid 95% till just before it clicks. There are other workarounds, but I don't see any need when I can just turn my screen off.

Not a bad idea, although I was kind of hoping things would work as expected :) The transition to the mac is taking longer than I had planned but is definitely worth it so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.