Weird sound every time I click?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by docgerrard, Aug 28, 2011.

1. docgerrard macrumors 6502

I know its not normal because I only hear it sometimes, but whenever I click, obviously when I push down I hear the click noise, but then sometimes whenever I release the click I also hear a weird spring like noise or something.

What do you think is wrong?

2. docgerrard thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Brandon0448 macrumors 6502

Brandon0448

Take it to the Apple store if it bugs you. Its not normal, mine never makes that noise.

4. psxguru macrumors 6502a

Mine doesn't do that although I don't use the click, tap ftw :)

5. VMMan macrumors 6502a

I always use the single tap option but if you try to sell the computer later, your buyer may think it's a sign of wear.

6. docgerrard thread starter macrumors 6502

wow single tap option is awesome. i love it.

i don't really plan on selling it but if its a sign of wear or something

i'm just worried that there is a loose part or something which is why that noise is coming

7. VMMan macrumors 6502a

I'd bring it in to the store and just ask them to fix it.

8. optionx12 macrumors newbie

my mba has been doing that also. its intermittent and comes up every now and then, but goes away by itself.

very odd :confused:

9. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

I haven't heard it on mine, but that sounds almost as if something is rubbing against something else when you release the trackpad from the click. It might be worth getting checked out if it bugs you. It could be something simple like the trackpad getting slightly mis-aligned when it was installed (the tolerances are pretty tight on these), or it might be a sign of a trackpad that will crap out early on you. Usually for me I've had to replace trackpads under warranty more than anything else since the hinge or something else would fail really quickly and the click would stop actually clicking.

10. docgerrard thread starter macrumors 6502

any thoughts on what to do with this issue? i mean with it not being there constantly

should i just play the sound for the min the apple store and tell them it comes and goes?

11. minnus macrumors 6502

Ah, this happened on my original 13" i7. I returned it and bought one from Amazon - no more weird touchpad sound.