Weird Sound from MBP Gasket

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by StvRndy, Feb 14, 2009.

1. StvRndy macrumors member

I have Early 2008 MBP. Yesterday I found something weird about the gasket. It produced weird creaking sound as if it is not tight, when I landed my hand on the palm rest. Few hours after I noticed that, it stopped to produce the sound. Today when I watched a video it started to produce that creaking sound again every time I landed my hand on the palm rest. Is this common problem of the MBP gasket plastic? Does this problem relate to heat? Because the part which produce the sound only at the left side near the HDD. Has someone had this kind of problem before?

2. Trix macrumors member

Trix

What gasket are you talking about? That's an engine part, not commonly a computer part unless I'm mistaken.

3. eldy macrumors 6502

A gasket can be anything placed between two surfaces to keep them sealed together.

4. StvRndy thread starter macrumors member

Picture

I think with picture it will much easier to explain.

[​IMG]

This is the part which sometimes produce the creaking sound. Not all the time. Thats the weirdness.

5. eldy macrumors 6502

The sound should just be two surfaces rubbing against each other. If it is bothering you and you are still under warranty, Apple should try to resolve the issue for you.

6. StvRndy thread starter macrumors member

I can't really say this as a serious problem where I would complain to Apple. Because the sound does not happen every time. Its rarely occurred, but its just annoying. I just want to know if this a common problem on older MBPs.