Weird sound glitch with iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by definitive, Jun 23, 2010.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

Right, so I installed Pandora, and ran it in the background. After I was done using it (about five minutes), I went into the multi tasking menu, and shut it down. I then pressed the power button to turn the screen off, and after there regular screen closing sound, it started going "boing, boing, boing" about eight times. Then a different "boing" sound when I pressed the home button, and then proceeded to slide the button to unlock. Only way I was able to get rid of it was to turn the phone off and then back on.

I tried to reproduce it again, but couldn't get it to make those sounds anymore. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. plaidasparagus macrumors newbie

Strange sound

I experienced the same issue with my iPhone 4. I had a strange sound whenever I was turning the phone off. It is hard to describe the sound other than machine gun fire from a shooter game. The thing is, I don't have any of those type of games on my iPhone 4. After a hard shut down and restart, the sound did not repeat.

3. keebler3511 macrumors newbie

Ditto

I just got a weird sound as well when using the power button on top to shut off the phone. It does sound like gun sounds or crazy crickets going really fast and increasing pitch. Any advice on getting rid of it? I have the 3GS and have downloaded the Iphone 4 updates, but that was awhile ago. I haven't added anything new for a week or two?:eek:

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I've had this happen maybe twice. Haven't figured out what causes it.