Weird sound problem in iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stringtheorist, Jun 20, 2008.

1. stringtheorist macrumors regular

I temporarily changed my audio input to Line In whilst trying out some new hardware but have now reconfigured it to read the built-in-mic. However, now when I record in iMovie the newly recorded sound displays a weird phase-cancellation effect after a couple of seconds. What could be wrong?

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Perhaps I am misreading this but are you using iMovie to just record sound via the mic? I have honestly never heard of recording audio with a video app.

My only thought is that if you are just recording audio you should be doing it in Garageband instead as that is set up for (among other things) doing live audio recording.

3. stringtheorist thread starter macrumors regular

No, I am referring to the audio that accompanies video footage taken with the built-in iSight.

4. stringtheorist thread starter macrumors regular

Would love some help with this one, guys. Has no one else experienced this? Recorded sound has always been fine in iMovie until just recently. Now I get an intermittent 'phasing' sound in all my movies from about 5 secs in. Is there anything I can do to try and fix this?

5. campb450 macrumors newbie

Me too

I used Imovie and the blue snowball mic to record me playing a tune on banjo. I've had the same exact issues, but can't find a solution. I know it's not the mic causing the problems, because when I record into Audacity the sound is superb.

Take a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzgKlMLcpLc

Pretty bad if you ask me. Please help....??:confused: