Weird Sounding From MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hzamani, Dec 11, 2010.

1. hzamani macrumors member

So I was just browsing the internet one day on my MBP. I bought it this summer before school started.

Now, this weird static scratching sound came from the upper left corner when I lifted the computer up. It also happened when it wasn't plugged in and it happened when it was plugged in. It's also happened with minimal movement.

Do you have any ideas what this could be?

I haven't been able to replicate the sound forcefully since it's really random.

What should I do?

2. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

Call AppleCare or take it into an Apple store if you're concerned about it. Otherwise, let it be.

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I noticed this on my 2010 13" MBP after I got it back from repair (replaced topcase, HDD, HDD cable, internal speakers, battery, and magsafe board)... I took the bottom panel off, took out the fan, and found something resembling a large grain of sand in the fan area. I tried removing it, but accidentally pushed it below the logic board. Now I seldom hear it. It is a non-issue.

5. hzamani thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for bumping this thread.

I took it in and they did replace the fan.

The problem subsided for a while and now it's back!

How can I replace the fan by myself? The noise is really annoying. It happens at all RPMs for the fan.

And I don't have Apple Care anymore.