Weird sounds

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gandhi123, Jan 15, 2011.

1. gandhi123 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B118 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hey guys I got a problem with my music in my iPod touch.... If I didn't post this in the right section I'm sorry guys :/ ok so here's my problem... Every time I listen to my music on my iPod touch I get these weird sounds like scratchy and it skips a little into the songs... It doesn't happen throughout the whole songs but it happens frequently and I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? Thanks for the help the guys in advance :)

2. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

I've seen a couple of threads about this before. I don't know what to do about it, though.

If you are near an apple store, you should probably take your iPod to a genius bar there and they can help you.

It could be stuff inside the headphone jack? See if there is any dust or sand or anything.

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

It's the needle skipping on the albums as they spin around. Try not to walk around while it plays or the vibrations caused will make it skip. I suggest finding a better phonograph.

Update: Never mind. Wrong century. ;)

4. gandhi123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B118 Safari/6531.22.7)

I thought it was the firmware because I have 4.1 on my iTouch
    And it's only the music player app that has this problem others apps like pandora or thumbplay I use has no problems like this