Weird Spotify issue with Airplay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phil A., Nov 2, 2010.

1. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

After updating to 4.2GM, I noticed that Spotify would stop playing when the phone locked or was put into standby. However, after restarting my Phone it started working OK again. It seems to be related to AirPlay - it looks like Airplay will occasionally mess up and that prevents Spotify from replacing the iPod app in the multi-tasking bar. Once that happens, Spotify stops playing when the iPhone goes to sleep. So, it looks like it's either a bug in Spotify or in the iPhone GM.

2. noshjewman macrumors member

I don't think that this has anything tondo with Airplay - I've had this happen a number of times in 4.1, and as you say the only way to deal with it is a restart. Quite annoying...
    On the other hand, news that Spotify works with airplay is terrific! My AirTunes express is likely to get a lot more use now...

3. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

I've had this happened a few times. Do you use skype?
    I found that sometimes, force-quitting Skype and removing it from the multitasking bar would solve the issue.

other times, I had to close all multitasked apps in order to solve this issue.

4. Phil A. thread starter Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

No, I don't use Skype. It still does it occasionally, even with 4.2.1 final, but a restart sorts it out. I haven't been able to pin the root cause down yet

5. Phil A. thread starter Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sorry, double post