Weird Springboard lag on jailbroken iP4 iOS5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by murdercitydevil, Oct 22, 2011.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I updated to iOS5 and jailbroke using redsn0w on my iP4 a few days ago, and everything was perfect. Then a few days ago after a reboot/respring (don't remember), I noticed that the springboard started noticeably lagging when swiping between app pages. What's weird is that the phone only lags in this one instance, everything else is perfectly smooth. Notification center dropdown is smooth, apps launching and closing, other animations, everything is fine. But when I swipe to my second page of apps, there is a very clear choppy lag that occurs, as if the phone is buffering my apps. Anyone else experience this?

I've tried to re-run redsn0w (unchecking "Install Cydia") and it failed...when the redsn0w code is all over the screen, I noticed it said something about an error, then waiting, then something along the lines of "giving up." I rebooted and it was the same, so I assume nothing happened.

EDIT: I've tried removing tweaks and disabling Mobile Substrate addons, but nothing fixes it. Going into Safe Mode, however, seems to alleviate the problem, so it looks like it is a Cydia tweak that causes it. I'm going to go start uninstalling things one by one until I find the culprit, but if anyone knows what causes it, please let me know and save me some time. Thanks!

2. n1k1t4 macrumors newbie

I had the same issue.. Try putting your iPhone into DFU mode like you would, and click "just boot" in redsn0w (the latest version). If that doesnt work, Go to Settings-general-reset-reset all settings. It won't delete any of your data, but it will clear all possible problems. then boot with "just boot" button in extras in redsn0w after piutting your iPhone into DFU mode. It worked for me, and I hope it works for you! too bad the jailbreak is tethered though......

3. thienan macrumors newbie

Not sure if you figured it out yet but it was bothering me also. I had the exact same problems you described. Uninstalling Winterboard fixed it for me, everything is now as smooth as butter! :D

4. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Weird, I disabled WB in mobilesubstrate addons and all the themes got disabled obviously, except for some reason my icons are still themed. And SB is smooth again. Probably the icon cache?

5. thienan macrumors newbie

I have no idea about your icons being still themed. But glad your Springboard is smooth again! It feels so good to not see that choppy animation...

6. schiotz macrumors newbie

Just turning Summerboard compatibility off in Winterboard helps tremendously.