Weird Sprint and/or iPhone issue - no internet.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brgjoe, May 8, 2015.

1. brgjoe macrumors member

Probably more Sprint than the iPhone itself -- have had many a strange issue or two with Sprint over the years, be it on iOS or Android.

On my display, it says I have LTE (as well as 4 bars worth of strength). Yet it tells me I have no internet. Now, since I don't think the internet was broken at the time (unless those silly North Koreans finally were able to kill it off for us), something was either wrong with Sprint or my phone.

I tried to turn the data on/off. Nothing. I put it in Airplane Mode for awhile and turned it back off. Nothing. I went to Wifi only for awhile. Nothing.

Finally just decided to turn the phone off/on and glory be...that worked! Strange. Just never had that happened to me before.

Btw, I was home at the time -- wasn't in any exotic location or anything.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sprint is still in the final stages of rolling out Network Vision. If you aren't in a mature market it's possible you may have connected to a tower under test that didn't necessarily have an internet connection.

I'm not saying that's likely, especially since you had no internet on WiFi, but who knows.

I suspect your data connection on your phone probably just hung up and a reboot restarted it.

If it happens again and you are on LTE, you might see what happens if you switch to 3G only. If you get data it means the LTE connection is either weak, fragile or both.

3. keitarou macrumors 6502

So did you leave Sprint yet? I remember you were waiting for your tax refund.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No. Funny thing that…the tax refund ate got ate up by needs, stuff we've put off and put off because we had no money for it.

Which left nothing (really) left over to buy our way off Sprint. :(