Weird start up. BEEEP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jondob, Oct 3, 2011.

1. jondob macrumors member

Lately my 2011 13 i5 has been acting weird. The cd drive broke about a week after I bought it (6 months ago), and still haven't got that fixed.

Anyway, now sometimes when I restart the computer there is a long beep[ sound.Then the apple logo will appear but with a loading bar below it. I let the loading bar load, then it booted up normal again..

What could this be guys?

Thanks!

2. stark4 macrumors 6502

take it to apple store and get it fix. i would suggest you to reinstall OSX but then you have issue with the cd drive also so you might as well take it to apple store and fix everything.

3. B.LI macrumors regular

4. christeeezy macrumors member

This. I always took it as normal when my MBP is restarting with updates

5. eternalife macrumors regular

That happened to me once (last week) when I let the machine go low on battery. When I tried to wake it up I got the same screen with the same BEEPs. I powered down and back up and all was fine. I haven't restarted my machine since to see if there was still a problem. What is wrong with the CD drive?

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

7. jondob thread starter macrumors member

I believe I was installing and update, but it had done it a few times before that.
    It's working fine I just want to make sure nothing is wrong with it..

As for the CD drive its not bringing in the CD, but I can hear the cd drive at start up..

I don't use the drive much anyway.

8. jondob thread starter macrumors member

Just had a huge freeze up.. Was watching a youtube video, the screen went black and fans kicked in full blast. Took a few power button hold downs to get it back running... I need this for school so I'd hate to bring it in but I should.

9. jondob thread starter macrumors member

Just also restarted by itself

10. jondob thread starter macrumors member

update the computer screen went black again. I tried a hard reset and all that happened was 3 beeps continuisly with the sleep light with every beep. Is there any logs I can show you guys?

11. jondob thread starter macrumors member

12. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

No matter what you tell us right now the answer will still be the same, take it to the Apple store.

Sounds like something's wrong...unless you keep installing the same update over and over....even then something's wrong.

13. jondob thread starter macrumors member

Just thought there would be some tech savvy people that could tell me what error codes mean what.

Thanks