Weird startup/loading folder files problem with new rMBP...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Texxy, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Texxy macrumors 6502

Texxy

Hey guys, I have had my new rMBP for 3 days now and honestly love it but I noticed this one weird thing today with it.

When the computer first starts and lets say I want to open a folder for the first time during a start up it lags for like 7 seconds then shows the content. It can be with any of the folders on my desktop but once it loads thats it, never a problem again. I could be web browsing for an hour once I turn on my rMBP and have not opened a FOLDER yet. But that first time I do it will lag.

Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem? I have 200GB taken up on my SSD drive that came with it. Maybe its indexing it?

I have a new 15" rMBP 2.3/16GB/512/750m

Thanks!

2. Texxy thread starter macrumors 6502

Texxy

3. Texxy thread starter macrumors 6502

Texxy

4. aiyaaabatt macrumors 6502

I have the same setup but have not experienced this.

5. Scott7975 macrumors 6502

Same set up. I have not noticed any lag like that.

6. Texxy thread starter macrumors 6502

Texxy

Wierd but I feel as though the issue fixed itself... :confused: does not happen anymore

7. Brocksley macrumors member

Brocksley

When I first open Macintosh HD it shows empty for a few seconds. When I open folders with lots of files in them, sometimes the files don't load for several seconds and sometimes half of them will load but will have a generic icon instead of their proper icon. I think it's a mavericks issue and not related to the computer.

8. Texxy thread starter macrumors 6502

Texxy

I feel like...the computer learned now. It rarely happens now but wouldn't be surprised if a mavericks issue. It certainly did happen to me for folders with a lot of files in them.

9. HotPopsicle macrumors newbie

I saw the same thing once on my new haswell macbook, but not again since that first time.....weird.