weird statement from tech chat rep from AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waterskier2007, Jun 17, 2009.

1. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

so i could have sworn that the reason we dont have MMS was because of opt out codes but the tech chat person told me this

"Carolyn Davis: There is no opt out code for the MMS. This is how it works. Once the system is completely set up your phone will be enable to use the MMS like other phones. At this time, Mr. Kirc****, you have the option for the viewmymessage.com or you can send and receive picture email through your email that you have set up on the phone."

i dont think this is true but it is definitely weird

2. The General macrumors 601

Clearly they have been instructed to lie to you.

3. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yeah, other tech people have straight told me they cant remove the block, but this one is just dumb

4. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

now she is blaming apple. blasphemy

Carolyn Davis: Picture messages are MMS messages so yes they included. You are receiving the viewmymessages and we are delivering them as the phone was designed to receive. Once Apple and AT&T have the system in place to send and receive the MMS as other phones use it, you will be enabled.

5. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

They have been instructed to lie. I talked to 6 people yesterday and they ALL told me that they did not have the ability to add or remove services like MMS. When I insisted that they can, and have, they said "we can't comment on other customers accounts, we can only look at yours." They then attempt to direct you to Apple's website, which is a complete waste of your time. I kept telling them that the software works fine, it's AT&T that is blocking the service, so they're giving me useless information. It took about 2 hours of me talking to different people to get a semi-reasonable answer.

Essentially, they go out of their way to be unhelpful to their customers, instead of just saying "we can't do that or we'll get fired." I hate when corporations instruct their employees to flat out lie to their customers, because it doesn't build goodwill toward the company.