Weird Static while talking on wifi calling

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TM0iPHONEx, Nov 6, 2017.

1. TM0iPHONEx macrumors newbie

TM0iPHONEx

I have Tmobile.

Its weird. Whenever I speak to someone while connected to wifi calling, it kinda goes in and out, like static.

This issue does not happen when off wifi calling.

The weird thing is, if I call someone connected to my wifi network, there is ZERO issues. If someone else makes calls connected to my wifi, they have no issues ( they also dont have an iPhone X though )

Any ideas?

Is this more of a Tmobile radio thing when using wifi calling? Probably a fix in the future?

2. Nysprtsfn macrumors newbie

Nysprtsfn

I’m on AT&T and I have the same issue. I specifically came to this forum to see if anyone else had that issue. I couldn’t figure out what it was till now

3. TM0iPHONEx thread starter macrumors newbie

TM0iPHONEx

Oh so its on other carriers?

Its gotta be a wifi calling issue then. Hopefully they give a fix.

I just dont understand why calling someone who's connected to my wifi, and it sounds fine

4. Nysprtsfn macrumors newbie

Nysprtsfn

Yea doesn’t make much sense. I was at work using our WiFi and I literally couldn’t understand what the person on the other end was saying.
    Hopefully Apple acknowledges the problem and we get a fix

5. pogiboi macrumors 6502

6. Jstepy macrumors newbie

I originally posted in the iPhone crackling noise thread for this same issue but realized my issue was only occurring on calls made in my office and home.

I’ll add a little something else to the mix... at the office it’s wifi calling but at home I have an AT&T M-Cell. Both give the static while on a call.

Purchased a T-Mobile phone full price to use on AT&T.

7. predation macrumors 65816

Maybe it’s having WiFi calling on.

I noticed it this morning on my way to work. Will try calls again tomorrow while on the road without WiFi-calling on.

8. JawneeWin macrumors 6502

I don't have wifi calling on and have AT&T. I get the static when I'm on speaker and it gets louder and louder. It goes away when I turn off speaker, but when I turn it back on, the static comes back gradually becoming louder and louder.

9. predation macrumors 65816

Wait, you’re talking about WHILE on a WiFi network.
    I’m getting issues on the road while having WiFi calling on.

10. TM0iPHONEx, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017

TM0iPHONEx thread starter macrumors newbie

TM0iPHONEx

This issue is while being ON wifi calling and using wifi calling. Not just cause wifi calling is enabled.

At least I know I'm not the only one getting this issue.

Just to make sure, I also disabled the network, and the issue is still there while talking on wifi.

Now its not MAJOR where I can't actually have a conversation. Its just annoying hearing the static or noise of it going in and out sometimes.

I spoke to apple about it, and they said try resetting network settings. That didn't work. They will get back to me

11. TM0iPHONEx thread starter macrumors newbie

TM0iPHONEx

Got an update fellas.

Spoke with Apple and the women I spoke to said she’s received numerious calls about this static issue when on WiFi calling today and that Apple knows it’s a known issue and is working on update

That’s a plus at least.