Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonnyT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
Hi, i have an iphone 3gs 32Gb jailbrake and i find it odd to be able to call myself, could this be something else? Like a scam from an app. Also i have this icon on the status bar that im not able to find in apple's icon list/description.

the phone icon on the side of the battery status.

11880.png

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi, i have an iphone 3gs 32Gb jailbrake and i find it odd to be able to call myself, could this be something else? Like a scam from an app. Also i have this icon on the status bar that im not able to find in apple's icon list/description.

the phone icon on the side of the battery status.

You have opennotifier installed? It shows when you have a missed text, call, email in your status bar. That phone symbol shows you have a missed call.

Don't know about the other part. Does your missed call list say you called yourself? Could you/someone else have called you from another number you have? Maybe you have a home phone number as well under your contact page for yourself?

Otherwise, if you call your own number it will call your voicemail box so you can check your voicemails.

JonnyT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
When i call myself it rings and i see my number but when i accept the call its like i rejected the call. Yeah, it says the my phone tried to contact me in a message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.