Weird stripe at the top of MacBook screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sdn3, Dec 30, 2009.

1. sdn3 macrumors newbie

My Macbook screen showed this (check out images)yesterday but it disappeared when I restarted should I go to the Genius bar to see what they can do

Attached Files:

2. MedHead macrumors regular

If it went away when you restarted then I wouldn't be too worried, keep an eye on the issue and if it crops up again then maybe consider an appointment, but if its just a one off and not linked to other issues then you should be fine!:)

3. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

If you were able to take a screenshot of it, its a software problem.

4. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

Not really. A bad videocard could generate a corrupted texture which is then used somewhere else on the system - thus allowing him to take a screenshot of it.

But yeah... If it crops again: genius appointment!

5. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Well, it's where the menu bar (is that even what it's called?) should be so I think it's rather safe to assume that it's a messed up version of that. Might I even postulate it might possibly be a graphics rendering fail due to poor communication with the gpu/thencpu/thenscreen or a failure with the graphics card itself I don't know (I highly doubt the latter, however) but a clean install of Snow/Leopard should fix this.
    I went to edit punctuation in and I saw the above post hinted the same thing I was thinking might be possible. Glad to know I'm not a f*cking idiot :R