Weird stuff dots on computer monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by sepu, Jun 19, 2011.

1. sepu macrumors regular

Hey Guys,

I've got this issue with my computer isn't the monitor Im pretty sure is the computer I think is the graphic card ... Im seeing this annoying dots in the screen .... anyone knows what could be or I just should take the computer to apple and let them deal with it ...
    thanks

[​IMG]

2. simsaladimbamba

What exact Mac with what GPU do you use?
    What connection do you use to what external display?

3. sepu thread starter macrumors regular

is the latest Mac pro 2010 2 X 2.4 Quad core, ATI Radeon HD 5770 and Im using Mini DisplayPort to connect the monitors ....

Thank you

4. sepu thread starter macrumors regular

5. wpotere Guest

Could be the video card or it could be a driver that is having issues. Have you tried reinstalling the OS first? I would try that and see if the issues goes away before heading to the store.

6. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

What monitor are you using? Are you using any adaptors to convert the MP output to whatever will fit in the monitor?

If you rang the AppleCare line the first thing they will tell you to do is a SMC and PRAM reset - search the forum for info on how to do those before you go to the effort of reinstalling OSX.

If you bought the MP new, you will be covered under AppleCare too, so don't worry unless this is costing you money because of being a business machine.

7. TheAnalogue macrumors member

TheAnalogue

looks like a GPU problem, if you are using the DP connectors and no converters anywhere, it is most likely the card itself.