Weird sync behaviour?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by supermassive, Sep 26, 2010.

1. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

My new iPt 4G doesn't seem to sync correctly. It automatically disconnects every 10-30 Secs making this *bling* sound. 1-2 Secs later it connects again. You can't even use it while connected because it will randomly lock the screen. It's really annoying.
    The charging seems to go faster this way, but it's only a display issue, as soon i take it off the usb cable the %age goes down to slightly more as it was before connecting. Whereas it shows almost 50% after continous dis/connections after 10 mins already.

Does anyone else got the same issue?

A noob question yet: how do you get your recorded videos down to iTunes? Didn't find a sync setting.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Are you using a USB 2.0 port? Is this a Mac or a PC? Is the computer fully up -to-date? Using the cable that came with the iPhone? What if you charge using the provided AC adapter?

Recorded videos are imported, not synced from the iPod back to the computer. iPhoto or Image Capture will do this on a Mac whereas the Camera and Scanner wizard will do this on a PC.

3. supermassive thread starter macrumors regular

supermassive

Thanks for your reply!

I'm using an USB2.0 port under snowleopard 10.6.2 iTunes 10. I'm using the sync cable of my ipod nano 4g which is working with the nano without a problem. I'm using it coz it slides in easier than the original sync cable, which besides that seems to be identical. I've already suspected the cable and used the original one with same results.

Thanks for the hint about iPhoto!

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Try updating to 10.6.4, it may have included new USB drivers. Try another port on your Mac too to see if you can isolate the issue further.