Weird Text Message Sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gco212, Jul 8, 2010.

1. gco212 macrumors 6502

Okay, this is weird, but my text messages are making odd sounds when they come in and go out. They both make the normal sound, but then make a sound that is definitely not supposed to happen. It sort of sounds like the aliens from Independence Day the film. It's weird, loud, and annoying.

Also, this is on an iPhone 4 so it's not jailbroken or anything like that.

2. gco212 thread starter macrumors 6502

And, before anyone asks, my phone has been pretty much perfect since I got it on launch day. No yellow spots or major antenna issues or anything like that.

3. draz macrumors 6502a

Has your phone had any yellow spots or antenna issues at all? I hear that causes weird sounds when you get a text message.

Could be an app running in the background that monitors text messages... or something similar... Check your open apps and see.

4. gco212 thread starter macrumors 6502

I closed every app (I don't think any should have been open anyway, but there's a chance Slacker or Pandora could have been active), and then opened only the messages icon from the home screen and sent a test message to myself and same thing.

5. gco212 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, I reset my phone and that seems to have fixed the problem. Sorry for starting a thread over something that clearly didn't need to have a thread to itself, it was just really, really weird and I jumped the gun when I did a search and didn't see anything similar in the forum. I should have performed some basic troubleshooting first.

Still, it was really odd.

6. draz macrumors 6502a

It's ok no harm in asking. But glad you fixed it yourself =)

7. gco212 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help anyway!