Weird texting issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by phillyphill, Oct 14, 2011.

1. phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

When i text my gf her name shows up in the text box but as soon as the message sends it goes away and it just shows her #. The same as when she sends me a text message i get a notification showing her name but when i go the message it just shows her number. I tried deleting her # and still nothing. :confused::confused: Not sure how to fix this slight issue.

2. kitfisto92 macrumors newbie

Hey, I just joined the site to discuss this issue. The same thing is happening to me. I tried to reset network settings, reset the phone, and finally restored through iTunes. I tried some tinkering with the settings and none of that worked either. iMessage actually works, but only if you know the person is going to send you a message. For example, I was in the messaging app and asked someone with ios 5 to message me and it worked, I received and could read it. However, I navigated away from the app without deleting it from multitasking and when I came back to it, it had completely erased his texts and mine. I have a genius appointment on Sunday for my MacBook and I'm going to bring up the iPhone issue while I am there. I will let you know what they say.