Weird Things Happening

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Radiosuit, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Radiosuit macrumors newbie

So I've got a 2010 Macbook pro 13inch running snow leopard 10.6.8. Everything has been fine until today, My downloads have been getting interrupted, my gmail account alerted me of someone loggin in from an IP address in Romania. Could this be a security risk or anything along those lines? Im pretty confused since none of this stuff has happened before, should I reformat and reinstall snowleopard?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Your password to GMail was likely broken on account of it being weak. Choose a strong password.

3. Detrius macrumors 68000

You're having two tiny issues and you want to treat your Mac like it's running Windows? No, you don't need to format and reinstall. If your downloads were canceling/failing, your internet connection might have been acting up. No amount of formatting is going to fix a flaky ISP. If you password is "password" or "1234", then your account is easy to hack. Maybe you followed a link you shouldn't have and wound up getting phished. Formatting and reinstalling isn't going to fix that, either.

4. head honcho 123 macrumors 6502

if ur gmail is telling u that a weird IP is accessing ur gmail account ur gmail account has been compromised.

i hope u didn't use ur gmail account password for all ur other online accounts. if you did change ur passwords. and also use 1PASSWORD.

no need to format. but i would definitely change ALL MY PASSWORDS.