weird trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by teknikal90, Sep 7, 2008.

1. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

mum used my macbook pro for a day, and the trackpad button's all weird!

right after she used it, the top right hand corner doesnt 'click'..it just goes in...but a 'mouse click' is still registered.

she admits to pressing the trackpad hard....-.-

i went to apple authorized service center and theyre willing to fix it...HOWEVER, there was a 3day wait at the time and being a uni student, it was 3 days too long seeing as this is my only computer

after a few days carrying this laptop in my back pack, and a few games of CSS on it (intense heat)

the trackpad clicks again!
    however, it still doesnt 'feel right'..if i press the trackpad button smack bang in the middle it makes a louder, different, deeper sound than if press on the edges..

now if i leave the macbook off the whole ngiht, and it gets cold, the trackpad button makes a little 'click' before the actual click...the first click doent register, its like the button is dislodging itself from its rest position before being clicked...bad explanation i know...
    im guessing the trackpad is bent out of shape somehow...can anyone suggest what to do?or if theyve opened a macbook pro before and can suggest what might be bent out of shape and what can i do to fix it back to its orginal shape?

im being picky i know, but again, i am a student and tis not like i can get a new one of these every year...

weird question, but thanks in advance

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

Trust me when I say just leave it as it is, you could end up making it a lot worse.