Weird typing behavior?????

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iwantamac22, Oct 11, 2007.

1. iwantamac22 macrumors newbie

Ok i have had my macbook pro for about 2 months now and i have started noticing some weird typing behavior. Every once in awhile while i am typing the cursor moves up and to the left and starts typing there. It only happens maybe once a day and at first thought i must be hitting something but iam positive iam not. Also i thought it only occured in word and thought it was a microsoft bug problem but then i noticed it in firefox as well. Just wondering if neone had ne ideas about this thx.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. iwantamac22 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont think so when i type i never touch the trackpad.... i was thinking it might be some crazy shortcut i made with quicksilver or some other program but i could never find nething, My last resort will be to reinstall mac os x but i wanted some of you guys opinons

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's probably overkill and I doubt it's a software thing. To check, maybe create a new user account and see if it happens there, too. :)

5. iwantamac22 thread starter macrumors newbie

But i dont think its a hardware thing either tho cause i have pressed every key in search of what it might be but its totally random and very annoying.... but then ago i dont know

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

In System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse>Trackpad, do you have "ignore accidental trackpad input" selected?

Attached Files:

7. iwantamac22 thread starter macrumors newbie

no i unchecked it cause it seemed to cause mouse lag to me......but ill try that and see if it helps ne

8. polycat33 macrumors 6502

Having it checked causes a little mouse lag after typing. Having it unchecked causes your palm to move the cursor places you don't want it to go while typing. You decide which annoyance is more tolerable. You think you're not touching the track pad, but you are, which is exactly why that accidental input setting is there.

9. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

I have not ever got used to typing on a trackpad for this exact same reason :eek:

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's probably best just to cut your arms off with a saw. You might need a friend to help cut your second arm off, since your first one won't be much use. Use your eyebrows to type.