Weird upgrade status @ att.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by og1, Jun 6, 2010.

1. og1 macrumors regular

logged in tonight to pay my bill and just for kicks looked at my upgrade status for both lines. to note, last week it showed up normal and gave me an elegibility date and all. tonight it says the following:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to support this request online. Please contact Premier Support at 1-866-499-8008 Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time for assistance with your request. Please reference Error P1232 if you speak to a representative about this error."

any thoughts on this possibly relating to new hardware? or just a outage @att

2. ammusk macrumors regular

Getting the same thing for my account too. It was fine in the afternoon though.

3. StephenRzucidlo macrumors member

just checked mine it went from 6/24/2010 to i cant get an upgrade now with 2 year contract and $18 upgrade fee

4. og1 thread starter macrumors regular

im hoping mine will too. i use the tool on apple.com and get this:

Available iPhone Prices
    You qualify for the following iPhone pricing:

iPhone 3GS : 32 GB
    iPhone 3GS : 16 GB
    $299.00
    $199.00

iPhone 3G : 8 GB
    -$301.00

5. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Now qualify for a full discount with a new 2-year contract instead of June 20th! What great news. So I'm guessing this means that the iPhone will be announced tomorrow, and released within the next few days? That's the only reason why I would see changing the dates of upgrade qualification.

6. Jhanson09 macrumors regular

7. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

Same here. I then went to the Apple site and went through the purchase of an iPhone to see eligibility there and got an error that they couldn't as I've a business account (which I don't have).

I know I'm eligible. I was eligible for the 3GS on release and never upgraded, so I'm a year out from being eligible.

8. 184550 Guest

I have the same message as well for all four of my accounts. I checked earlier tonight around 7 or 8 and got the standard list of options for upgrades.

9. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

It may have crashed... A bit obsessive I know but no lie, I've checked mine about 7 times today...

10. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

got it also, and i checked earlier and it went through. someone call and ask!

11. og1 thread starter macrumors regular

i guess i coulda put this in the other thread. sorry for the sorta duplicate thread mods.

12. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

13. Peabody macrumors regular

I'm in the clear for all my family talk lines, even a 3GS line that shouldn't clear. Also, one line that isn't an iphone says I can "iPhone" upgrade at an unknown discounted rate.

Don't know what ya'll are seeing. They opened the floodgates for me!

14. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Lol, why did you quote me... and unless the mods say something to you don't worry about other jerks on here... just stay within a good range of the "borders" of the forum rules.

15. wjlafrance macrumors 6502

If I were you, I'd upgrade to an iPhone 3G. Seems like you have quite a deal there.

16. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj